EFFECTIVENESS OF AN INFORMATIONAL BOOKLET REGARDING KNOWLEDGE OF EMERGENCY DRUGS AMONG NURSES WORKING AT TERTIARY CARE HOSPITAL
A Medication, comprehensively, is any substance that, when assimilated into the body of a living creature, modifies ordinary real capacity. The nurses ought to be progressively cautious in organization of medications in glow of the fact that the nurse is presenting a synthetic substance, which has a specific conceivable response impact in the body. Modern medicine has seen a huge expansion in demand for emergency care services. The study was conducted to evaluate the effectiveness of Self Instructional Module on knowledge of emergency drugs among nurses. METHODS- Quasi-experimental design was used among nurses regarding emergency drugs. Data was collected from 60 nurses by purposive sampling technique and buy using valid questionnaires. RESULTS: In pre test Maximum 25(41.66%)subjects had good knowledge where has 28(46.66%) had average knowledge while post test 34(56.66%) subjects had good knowledge and remaining 26(43.33%) had average information concerning chosen crisis drugs. The overall knowledge scores of subjects was increased by mean difference 2.3 units and median difference was 2 where as mode difference was 0.4. CONCLUSION: Study concluded that Informational booklet was very effective in order to gain knowledge on selected emergency drugs among staff nurses working at selected hospitals.